cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

where is the WPS button?

dmlarsen
Apprentice

Just got a Canon PIXMA MX432 and trying to set up.  It asks for me to push the WPS button, but can't find?  Hep?

134 REPLIES 134

@sherrylowey,  I to have regestered just so I can thank you for this...  

Unclear, innaccurate, incomplete and useless technical document writing is epidemic, but I believe Canon may take the cake in these regards... 

(And it doesn't seem that thay are paying much if any attention to all the feedback about it in these forums, either...)

Kind regards...

Sherry Lowrey you are a genius I have been trying to set up wireless printing on and off for yonks and I took 2 seconds after reading your post.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Excellent!!! Worked for me too!!

Ooops, spoke too soon.  Still not working!  ๐Ÿ˜ž

You deserve a medal from Canon! My frustrations of the morning all sorted in the time it took to read your post and actioning what you suggested. You're a gem! Thank you. 

THANK YOU!!!  Completely agree with every word...and for so thoughtfully walking us through the process.  The screen prompt sequence was so misleading.

Sherry L,

Thank you so much for the rant and directions!!! I would have never been able to set up my new wireless printer without your help. THANK YOU!!! come on Canon..update your directions. today is 12/8/16. Traci

This was SOOOO helpful as my router is downstairs in the room below! No way was I messing with that as everything in the house rides on it  - telephones, TVs and security cameras and central heating settings!  Also I can't carry the printer downstairs and then unplugging it again once set up was a risk, so your solution was PERFECT ... huge THANK YOU..

R E Ahearne

Thank you for this - my router is on the floor below my office and no way could I carry it down the narrow flight of stairs now it is un oxed and being set up. Your solution was perfect. Thank you so very much.

Dear readers, just wanted to say an almighty thankyou to sherrylowry for her advice re wireless setup without a WPS button. Her post was 1/04/2014. I have the patience of a Nat but managed to reconnect my air printer with her guidance and I agree totally with her sentiments.   Thank good for these forums   STAY CALM EVERYONE. Deb

Announcements