cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the WPS button?

dmlarsen
Apprentice

Just got a Canon PIXMA MX432 and trying to set up.  It asks for me to push the WPS button, but can't find?  Hep?

134 REPLIES 134

rheanon
Apprentice
Thanks for taking the time to post these instructions! I used them to set up my Pixma MX470 series printer. I was like everyone else going "where's the wps button", but i didnt waste time trying to find it. I went straight to google and read the posts on this thread.

sherrylowry
Contributor
Good to hear you succeeded!

And...yes, I know. Canon seriously needs to:
1. Hire & USE user interface talents
2. Invest in common-send and visually-oriented manual documentation creators

Meanwhile, we have to remember with no such "button" the STOP one right on the printer will bring up the menu section we need. If the printer mysteriously loses the connection go back to the setup menu & hit STOP button again. Mine still does with each system update.

usmanto
Apprentice
WPS (Wireless Protected Service) is located in your wireless router. Press and hold for a few second and go back to your printer, then press OK on printer. It will set up the wireless on the printer. Ofcourse if you dont have wireless service, you can not activate it.

sherrylowry
Contributor
Many of us do not have a WPS button on our router.

sojoba
Apprentice
Thank you verena techie. I made an account here just to thank you for your help. You saved me so much time and stress.

sherrylowry
Contributor
You are welcome.

Sherry

djufo
Apprentice

I registered just to help others with my experience on a pixma MG7520. To connect to wifi:

- Tap Setup

- Tap device settings

- Tap LAN settings

- Tap Wireless LAN Setup

- Tap "To other connection methods"

- Tap Standard setup

After that you will see a list of available wireless networks. Select yours, proceed to connect the American way.

Jaysif
Apprentice
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this topic is still valid or people are still struggling getting their printer to work. Directions work for the Canon PIXMA MG 3222 - perhaps it will work on other models. Here are the directions to get it working. 1) download and install any drivers that are needed or if you're just moving this printer to the new network or router proceed with number two. 2) make sure the printer is on and the display says "1" 3) Press and hold down the tool icon which is displayed with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver. The screen should have a flashing line on the bottom of the display. 4) now go to your router and hold down the WPS or the connection button until it's flashing. This button they have different names depending on the model of the router but you should be able to find it. 5) now go to your printer and pressed the fit to page button, you can hold it down for a few seconds and then let up. All you have to do now is just wait for the display to change, the line will go to the top of the screen while it searching for the router and then you will see three lines sending to the top of the screen. 6) you should now be in good shape. Tested document, it should print fine. Please note: that this is for the Canon PIXMA MG 3222. This is the first time I've ever reply to a post. I did so because everyone was having problems. I hope this helps

Jaysif
Apprentice
You should not need any software if you follow these directions above.

sherrylowry
Contributor
Jay, you failed to get the main point & problem as to succeeding on getting Canon printers to print:

Most of us are writing here because we either:
1. Do not HAVE a WSP button or
2. Our router is not in "reach" distance or ever in the same room with our Canon

But there is a workaround right on the front of the printer we realized is undocumented but works when pressed (named STOP) to lead the Canon to our wifi and access it to connect
Announcements