cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with wireless MF4150 printing

muybn
Apprentice

I have an MF4150 that I use with XP and Win7 machines. The wireless printing feature works fine with XP, and it did previously with the Win7 machine until I had to reinstall the OS then it hasn't worked with the Win7 machine since that time. The Win7 computer prints just fine from LPT with the USB cable but when I try to set up wireless printing, it doesn't indicate any errors, and in fact all messages are that it has installed correctly. However, when I print a document, it just sticks in the queue.

Since the XP machine works, I know the problem isn't in the printer or router, so my conclusion is that it's a problem in either the drivers or the way I set up the printer. I downloaded the drivers from http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/imageclass_series/imageclass_m... so the driver must be OK.

As far as I know, I set it up the right printer options as I installed it, but since that's the only thing left by the process of elimination, I'll ask for suggestions on that subject. Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi muybn,

Your laser device does not offer a wireless feature, however the compatible drivers have been fully tested for a supported USB connection.  Your conclusion is on the right track. The print job is reaching the print queue, however the issue would appear to be in the setup of the printer on your network and would need to be further checked. 

As an FYI, the Silex C-6700WG Wireless/Wired MFP Print Server offers compatible wireless printing from your laser device.  For more information, visit the Canon Direct Sales online store here.

For purchase questions regarding the print server or the online store, Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements