cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help which updated drivers for mac on mx922

ehw
Contributor

New here, but have used Canon printers for a long time.  Have always had trouble in the setup, so I'm somewhat gun shy.  Earlier today I got a popup that there was a new driver for mx922. I see that there are several drivers all bearing dates in August and September 2017.  My drivers were installed in earlier when I bought some time back (2015?).  I am at a total loss to know which ones I need.  Everything I have found just says to download the updates, but don't say which ones. Can someone lead me through the process?  Or point me to a definitive "how-to"?  Ever

I have an iMac running Mac OS 10.12.6.  My MX922 is connected to my wifi via settings in the printer LAN/WAN? I have the IP address.   I don't have a USB cable handy and I now longer have the CD.  

4 REPLIES 4

Crista
Whiz

Hi ehw! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

My printer is more than a year old.  I can't find the receipt, so don't have a purchase date, so I can't complete the form.  Don't know where else to try.  Sorry I mis posted.  I really don't see the difference in my request and the general notion of seeking assistance and feedback.  

Sorry I wasted the bandwidth.

ehw

We'd recommend estimating the timeframe you remember purchasing your printer in order to finish the support form. We also have US-based support team available by phone 10AM to 10PM ET Monday through Friday at 1-800-828-4040. We hope this helps!

Ramona
Authority

Hi ehw,

We can reset the printing system on your Mac, then reinstall the drivers from the Canon USA website to get the latest drivers for the printer installed.  To reset the printing system on your Mac, please follow these steps:

1. From your APPLE MENU, select SYSTEM PREFERENCES.

2. Click PRINTERS & SCANNERS.

3. Hold down the CONTROL key as you click in the list at the left, then choose RESET PRINTING SYSTEM from the menu that appears.

Once the printing system has been reset, please click here to go to the Drivers and Downloads page for the PIXMA MX922. Once on the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Next, below the red box labeled DRIVERS, locate the CUPS DRIVERS file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear; please click on that button to start the file download.

Once you have downloaded the CUPS DRIVERS file from the website, please also download all other items from the DRIVERS section of the webpage, and the CANON IJ NETWORK TOOL from the SOFTWARE section of the page.

Once all items have been downloaded, please double-click on each of the items on your Mac to install them in the following order:

CUPS Drivers
Scanner Drivers
ICA Drivers
Canon IJ Network Tool

Also, if you have any antivirus or firewall software on your computer, please temporarily disable them prior to installing the drivers, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer from being detected during installation. Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Once all items have been installed, please restart your Mac and attempt to print. Should you run into difficulty, 

we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements