cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mkhiggins2
Apprentice

My MG5422 says it is offline, and will not print.

5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using a Toshiba laptop PC, using Windows 7 home premium

Ramona
Authority

mkhiggins2,

We can check to make sure that the printer is not set to be offline to try and resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Go to your START menu and select DEVICES AND PRINTERS.

2. Right-click over the icon for your PIXMA MG5422 then select SEE WHAT'S PRINTING.

3. Go up to the PRINTER menu and if there are any documents in the queue, please select the CANCEL ALL DOCUMENTS option. If prompted if you are sure, please confirm that you are sure to clear the documents out of the window.

4. Go up to the PRINTER menu again and if USE PRINTER OFFLINE is selected (with a checkmark beside it), please click on it to deselect it.

5. Attempt to print again.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

There is nothing on the printer menu that says print offline.  I've canceled all print jobs repeatedly, and tried again, but get the same message.  Please help - it has been over a week now, and I really need my printer!  Thanks!

Any other suggestions?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements