cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx459 will not let me enter number in WEP key, only allows symbols/letters. how do i enter numbers?

jhsmith8
Apprentice

mx459 will not let me enter number in WEP key, in only allows symbols or letters. how do i enter numbers?

john

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
This might help

Press the SETUP button on your printer's control panel.
Using the arrows, select DEVICE SETTINGS, press OK.
Select LAN SETTINGS and press OK.
Select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
If a message appears to press the WPS button, press STOP to cancel.
Select STANDARD SETUP from the next screen that appears and press OK.
Highlight your access point or router and press OK.
Press OK again to confirm the access point name.
Enter your passphrase using the keypad to the right.
At the screen where you enter your passphrase, in the top right corner of the LCD screen you should see a :1 . This indicates that you are in numeric entry mode. If you press the asterisk key (*) it will switch to :A or uppercase letter mode, pressing asterisk again with switch to lowercase letter mode. To enter a letter in either letter mode, you will press the associated number key to cycle through the available letters. For example: To enter a letter "c", you will press the "2" key three times.
Press OK when done.
The LCD screen will say "Connected" if the password is correct.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
This might help

Press the SETUP button on your printer's control panel.
Using the arrows, select DEVICE SETTINGS, press OK.
Select LAN SETTINGS and press OK.
Select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
If a message appears to press the WPS button, press STOP to cancel.
Select STANDARD SETUP from the next screen that appears and press OK.
Highlight your access point or router and press OK.
Press OK again to confirm the access point name.
Enter your passphrase using the keypad to the right.
At the screen where you enter your passphrase, in the top right corner of the LCD screen you should see a :1 . This indicates that you are in numeric entry mode. If you press the asterisk key (*) it will switch to :A or uppercase letter mode, pressing asterisk again with switch to lowercase letter mode. To enter a letter in either letter mode, you will press the associated number key to cycle through the available letters. For example: To enter a letter "c", you will press the "2" key three times.
Press OK when done.
The LCD screen will say "Connected" if the password is correct.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

To enter your passcode or anything else in a screen asking for input:

You will see in the upper right hand corner of the input screen :! or :a or :A.  This tells you what will appear when you press a letter or a number on the keypad.  You can toggle through these options by pressing the * key.  You can toggle any time while entering your info.

I am into my second hour of trying to set up this wonderful printer using the Canon instructions.  They are  boar's nest of confusing references, disjointed instructions and presumptions by the presumptuous.  I can't believe Canon would read what is going on here and not be rushing to repair the damage being caused all across this land, actually all around the world.

OMG Thank you so much for sharing (1 hour later) !!!! 

you are most welcome!

thank you for your fabulous instructions.  you saved me hours of frustration, as it's saturday night, and the customer service telephone number was closed.

Thanks for this, I wonder why this is not in the instuctions?????????

OMG thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i finally connected to my wifi

Thank you Excellent Instructions Don't know what happen with mine it wouldn't show connnected but the software wouldn't find it till i hooked up the USB then it had me unplug it may help some techs get it done faster this Printer was one of the hardest to Connect feel sorry for inexperienced users 

Thanks, That Solved it!!!!!

Announcements