cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx459 will not let me enter number in WEP key, only allows symbols/letters. how do i enter numbers?

jhsmith8
Apprentice

mx459 will not let me enter number in WEP key, in only allows symbols or letters. how do i enter numbers?

john

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
This might help

Press the SETUP button on your printer's control panel.
Using the arrows, select DEVICE SETTINGS, press OK.
Select LAN SETTINGS and press OK.
Select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
If a message appears to press the WPS button, press STOP to cancel.
Select STANDARD SETUP from the next screen that appears and press OK.
Highlight your access point or router and press OK.
Press OK again to confirm the access point name.
Enter your passphrase using the keypad to the right.
At the screen where you enter your passphrase, in the top right corner of the LCD screen you should see a :1 . This indicates that you are in numeric entry mode. If you press the asterisk key (*) it will switch to :A or uppercase letter mode, pressing asterisk again with switch to lowercase letter mode. To enter a letter in either letter mode, you will press the associated number key to cycle through the available letters. For example: To enter a letter "c", you will press the "2" key three times.
Press OK when done.
The LCD screen will say "Connected" if the password is correct.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

zostar,

A response was made in your previous thread.  Please review the thread for details about your question.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Candye
Apprentice
Holy cow..!!! Thank you so very much. Ive been trying and trying and trying to get this printer online..could not figure out how to get darn numbers in.! Thank you so sl much

so happy it helped.  i know how frustrating it can be to not get our devices to work when they're supposed to be so easy to operate!  and the instructions are often unhelpful.  have a great day!

Outaplace
Apprentice

I had this issue too, There is a saying,  "a picture is worth a thousand words." I kept seeing that a magical display would appear, it took me most of the day to figure out than directly beneath the area that you input the passphrase, there are 3 buttons. The one on the left will toggle to numeric, lowercase & uppercase.

Announcements