cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 922 often says "another computer is using this printer" and won't print.

pboehm
Apprentice

55 REPLIES 55

Thanx for the info.  I didn't even have to reinstall my drivers.

I have just bought an MG7150 and got it up and running no problem.  Then suddenly I get a message saying "another computer is using the printer" and it wont print any more.  I am running windows 7.  I have read the other comments, but do not know what to do to get it working.  Can anyone help please?

mtRoom
Apprentice

Also experiencing this issue but with MG5460.

As I had no luck with other methods, yesterday I followed the advice of uninstalling the printer and installing the driver package manually.

I then used 'Add a Printer' (in Windows 7) to detect the printer and add a new configuration to 'Devices & Printers'.

It printed fine, but tried to print again today and bam. Same problem. Back again!
Also, no one else on our network has used this printer but me since the issue began.

I also had another problem with the printer: the touch screen would sometimes lock up and the printer would not print, so the only option was to remove the power cable and plug it in again.

I read about this and found that there is a firmware update for the printer. I have installed it and it has fixed the lock-up problem so far. I have not seen this "another computer is using this printer" message since either, but it was not frequent enough to know whether it is fixed or not.

The updated firmware is here and it seems that it applies to a few of the MX range printers: http://www.usa.canon.com/nw3s/CanonUSA/DownloadContents/English/0400111802EN.htm

I am having the same problem on MX922.  I have tried restrating the MX922 and restrating the network - does not help.  The only fix I have found is restarting the computer that you are trying to print from (can be painful in the middle of work).  Any other fixes?.

Hi, bobdawsonvenice!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on 2 machines.

All updates applied to Windows 7 as of today

Both machines are ethernet connected to wireless router

MX922 is running wireless to router

MX922 drivers are current per Windows Update

Problem occurs frequently but intermittently on both machines

Fix appears to be restart machine from which printing is attempting.

Restarting network, printer or other machine does not resolve problem

Problem is recent occurence (past 1-2 weeks).  No similar problems in prior 6 months.

As a test, I would like to revert back to prior drivers but I do not know how to do this for Canon MX922.

Thanks for whatever help or suggestions you can provide.   -Bob

A canon tech support person suggested disabling Wireless Lan DRX in settings. It seems to have worked

My Canon MX525 wont print.

This is the message that is coming up. I am trying everything.

'Another computer is using the printer.
The following status is the usage status of that computer.
---
Creating print data'

What is the solution ?

I click on "I agree - install firmware" and nothing happens.

Announcements