cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mp830 printer how to print wireless to macbook air 2011

Gaby
Apprentice

I have a macbook air 2011 and need to print to Canon MP830. I am not sure if this printer has wifi or bluetooth. I do have wifi in my home but again not sure if this printer recognizes. How can I print wireless

1 REPLY 1

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi Gaby,

Unfortunately, the PIXMA MP830 is not a wireless printer nor is it compatible with Bluetooth.  What you can do is share the printer across two Macintosh computers.  You would need to have the printer connected to one Mac via USB and this printer would share to your MacBook Air through your already setup wireless network.  Please note that the main computer, the one connected via USB, would need to be on for you to be able to print from your laptop.  If you wish to receive the instructions to share, please reply with the version of OS SX installed on your server computer, one connected via USB, and client computer, your laptop. 

If you are interested in a wireless printer, I would recommend checking out our current models.  Here is a direct link to view more information on them:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_prin...

Announcements