cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mg3200 printer will not print over wifi

greatchimp
Apprentice

i recently bought this printer and set it up properly but now i cant print from my laptop unless its connected via usb but i can still print my my iphone and other devices

what can i do to fix that? 

4 REPLIES 4

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi greatchimp!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know more information about your current issue.  This involves:

1.  Operating system on the new laptop.

2.  Drivers currently loaded for your PiXMA Multifunction product.

3.  Description of your current WAP/WIF setup.

That way, our Canon Forum members and our Subject Matter Experts will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your issue.

Thanks!

my os is windows 7 

i believe i have the most recent drivers since i just installed the printer about a month ago

i use a comcast wireless modem with wpa passcode lock

Hello.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue.  Please perform the following:

1.  Click Start and open the Control Panel.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MG3200/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, visit our website at the following link to download and reinstall the drivers.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg3220#D...

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

same problem as described here, windows 7, had it work one time with cd that came with, now i used file you posted link to..  still no go

havin trouble with router settings, not sure why cuz no problems when i installed it first time with cd..

this is a laptop... linksys router WRT54G

your instructions in the new file say not to use tkip, only other choice there is aes and when i did that it stopped even my laptop from workin wireless, had to go hook up manually to change settings back... 

any idea what i need to do here?  i have smart tvs connected thru wifi in several rooms..  no problems with those or the laptop with the tkip setting..  

im normally great withthese type of problems but im suffering with chronic lyme disease and 2 other tick diseases and its effecting my brain somethin awful, would appreciate detailed instructions if your able to help on what i need to do here..

thanks so much

Announcements