cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad not finding Pixma MG5420 via AirPrint

BinkyM
Contributor
Hi, Canon:

Sooo frustrated. My iPad Air running 8.1.3 (and several previous versions) has never been able to find my MG5420 via AirPrint to print to it. My Network Config Page shows that my Wireless LAN is Enabled; my Connection is Active; the Signal Strength is 100%. When I attempt to print, I'm told, "No AirPrint Printers found."

As a test, I tried using Google Cloud print, and that worked. Problem is that I don't ever need to print via that method.

I have googled the bejesus out of this problem over the months that I've had this problem, and haven't found one iota of useful information. Canon's support page consists of "Turn the printer on, and AirPrint your documents!"

I'd be so grateful for some assistance that I'd cry if paper started spewing from my printer. I'm a disabled vet and bought this printer after scrimping and saving and all it's done is collect dust and I'm bereft.

Oh: I have a Mac and I turned on Printer Sharing via Ethernet for devices using Wifi. That hasn't helped any, either.

Thanks for helping me out with this. I'm ready to rip my hair out by the roots!

Binky
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi BinkyM,

You will want to ensure that the Bonjour setting on the printer is enabled.  If the setting is disabled, you will not be able to print via Apple AirPrint.  To ensure the setting is enabled, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to SETUP from the main screen of the printer.

2. Press the third Function button below the screen to display the SETUP menu.

3. Use the left/right arrows to select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4. Use the up/down arrows to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the up/down arrows to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

6. Use the up/down arrows to select BONJOUR SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

7. Use the up/down arrows to select ENABLE/DISABLE BONJOUR, then press the OK button.

8. Use the up/down arrows to select ENABLE, then press the OK button. The printer will enable the setting and then

display a confirmation screen showing that it was set.

9. Press the HOME button to return to the main menu.

Should you still experience difficulty after enabling the Bonjour setting, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Up above you said the printer is not connecting via WiFi.

Did you followinstructions to get printer connected, either by WPA or WPS?

Until your printer and iPad are both connected to the same WiFi network AirPrint will not work.

AirPrint does not connect directly to the printer; it uses WiFi. That's why I gave you the link for WiFi setup.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I followed instructions for either WPA or WPS and it still did not work. The printer timed out and would not set up. My printer and ipad are both connected to the same wifi network

Ramona
Authority

Hi BinkyM,

You will want to ensure that the Bonjour setting on the printer is enabled.  If the setting is disabled, you will not be able to print via Apple AirPrint.  To ensure the setting is enabled, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to SETUP from the main screen of the printer.

2. Press the third Function button below the screen to display the SETUP menu.

3. Use the left/right arrows to select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4. Use the up/down arrows to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the up/down arrows to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

6. Use the up/down arrows to select BONJOUR SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

7. Use the up/down arrows to select ENABLE/DISABLE BONJOUR, then press the OK button.

8. Use the up/down arrows to select ENABLE, then press the OK button. The printer will enable the setting and then

display a confirmation screen showing that it was set.

9. Press the HOME button to return to the main menu.

Should you still experience difficulty after enabling the Bonjour setting, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Holy crap! The set-up instructions never mentioned the "Bonjour" setting, Ramona, but I did as you said, and both my iPad and my Mac are printing now! I am so, so grateful! After SIX MONTHS, I'm printing! I love you, Ramona! Thanks ever so much! I'm a happy girl! I'm gonna go waste ink like crazy! Yay!

Excellent advice about Bonjour Seettings. It worked perfectly for me too.

I followed directions to set up my airprint for my ipad pro and none of these directions worked. I have been very disatisfied with this printer because it is slow.

Hi Jmjofbrezp9,

To try and get the printer conneted to your network, please try using the Standard Setup method provided here.  Please also ensure that the Bonjour settings of the printer are still enabled as mentioned earlier in this forum thread.  Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

I tried all of this with pix a mx 926

still no AirPrint printer shows up on iPad

on same wifi network Same password says printer is connected

checked Bonjour 

STILL NOTHING

very upset with the wasted time and frustration of this supposedly easy process

takes hours of tedious attempts and 

still can't print 😡😡😡😡😡

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a canon MX926 printer to an iphone 6 but I still get the message 'No Airprinters found' I followed your instructions to enable the bonjour setting but I was unsure of where the home button was- I ended up pressing the ;menu' buttion but I still get that message 'No Airprinters found'' Any help would be greatly appreciated,  David

dnortons -- I also just pressed the "menu" button after enabling Bonjour, and it worked fine.  That's not what's breaking down in your fix.  Once you've enabled bonjour and hit "okay," the menu button is fine.  

Nothing on my end required rebooting, but your mileage may vary.  Verify that you can still print from your computer to your printer; if that doesn't work, then the bonjour setting was not your only probem.  Good luck!  

Announcements