cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am having problems getting my Canon MG2920 printer to print wirelessly.

thecomputerdude
Contributor

i found a post about this very problem with the MG2920 printer, and there was a link to a step-by-step.....but the link was 2yrs old and dead. am running windows10, and have the printer working properly via USB, but cant get it to work wirelessly. if someone can repost that step-by-step link, i would kiss you!

10 REPLIES 10

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi thecomputerdude,

To get your PIXMA MG2920 working wirelessly with your Windows 10 computer, please follow these steps:

1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2. Type PIXMA MG2922 in the "Enter a Model Name" box.

3. In the Drivers & Downloads section, please click Drivers.

4. Click the Select button next to the MG2900 series Full Driver & Software Package.

5. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

6. Click the Download button.

7. If a Save As box comes up, click Save.

8. Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

9. Double click [win-mg2900-1_1-ucd.exe]. Files will extract.

Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

To view the installation process, please use the following link:

http://downloads.canon.com/html/wireless/modules/14anw-ww/14anw-ww-0010-000/14anw-ww-0010-000.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thanks for the response Patrick! however, i think Canon needs to work on their support page. i have tried this on 3 diff computers before i even came to this forum. i go to the support page. click drivers&downloads, enter my printer model, and......nothing, absolutely nothing. the page just sits there. it gives me a drop down menu when i start typing the model, and i can pick my printer from the list, but IT GOES NOWHERE. there is no "drivers" button you refer to. very frustrating, especially when a canon tech is pointing me to the same dead end web page ive wasted an hour or more investigating. i am not unappreciative, really. just frustrated.

is there any way someone could just put that "full driver package" link in this forum? i'm so close, can you help me get there Patrick?

Hi thecomputerdude,

Please try using a different web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.  I have noticed issues when using Internet Explorer or Microsoft's new Edge browser.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks again Patrick.
I probably should have mentioned previously, that i do use Firefox. I have avoided IE for years now, : )

Make sure that your java scripts are enabled.  The support page does not function properly without it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes, Java scripts are enabled. Are you saying that the support page works fine for you?

Thanks Wadizzle

@thecomputerdude wrote:

Yes, Java scripts are enabled. Are you saying that the support page works fine for you?

Thanks Wadizzle

Yeah.  It works under Windows 7 Pro, running Internet Explorer, or Mozilla.  Ditto, for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  Sorry, I don't do Google Chrome.  My pet peeve.  No Google software of any kind, on any of my machines. 

Are sure you're clicking on the right stuff?  As you type a model number, it senses what you're typing and offers a drop down list.  Make sure you select something from the list of model numbers, because that is all it seems to know.

Thanks Waddizzle,

Yes, if you look at my first post in this string, i start typing my model# and a drop down list appears- great!- my model is even on the list- great!- i click it and......nothing. the page just sits there.

As Ive said before, i got a driver package, installed it, (by USB connection, cause every time Ive tried installing via wireless connection, it cant find the printer) and the printer works fine- ONLY via USB. I figured if i got the printer installed and working by USB, i could then turn around and "turn on" the wireless feature. But it will not see the printer.

Yes, the computer is logged on to the wireless network, and yes, the little blue light on the printer is on. Is it possible that even though the light is on, the actual wireless hardware is not working? could a wireless reciever die after a couple years of use?

thanks again for everyones help!

here is a link to the page that should be loaded...

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

If you get the page to load, scroll up to the top, and click on the red box "Product Information"  Links to wireless help.

Announcements