cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to switch auto scan destination to new laptop

kensall
Apprentice

I purchased a second laptop. I am able to print from either laptop, but despite loading MP Navigator EX on the new laptop, I cannot determine how to make auto scans (from the scanner) go to the new laptop. They always go to the new laptop.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

You should be able to perform the same steps to set up the scan to folder destination as done previously. 

Knowing the model of printer you are using would also be helpful.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. Model is MX 432.  I have no problem setting up the folder desitnation on the laptop.  But it's been 4-5 years since I setup the (old) laptop as the device destination, so any tips would be helpful.  Currebtly every scan goes to the old laptop and I can't find an option that let's me establish the new laptop as the scan destination.

I haven't looked at your manual yet, but by looking at the printer, I'm pretty sure is has a webserver,  Log into its webserver using your browser.  If you don't know what it's IP is...  look in your routers configuration, "Connected devices" and/or view or print a network configuration page from the printer to gleen its IP. 

Once in the webserver, you'll have an option to set or change the existing Scan To Folder destination.  It will look something like this.  You can add the new destination, delete the old one or keep both:

webserver.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements