cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting problems MG7520 printer with new router name and password

sdwhite
Apprentice

I had to change my router network name and password (the actual router is the same , but the name of the network and password is different). Now my Canon MG7520 won't 'talk' to my lap top, eithe rvia wireless or wired LAN (both of which worked before). My guess is I need to 'tell' the printer that the name and password are different, but I dn't knwo how.  I tried to download the software and run it (ie, start all over) but when I do I get a 'Failed to acquire information on the driver and software.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BillS
Mentor

Hi sdwhite,

Yo are absolutely right that any time the network configuration changes, the printer needs to be given the new information.  The printer can be reconnected right from the operations panel, and I have included full instructions HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BillS
Mentor

Hi sdwhite,

Yo are absolutely right that any time the network configuration changes, the printer needs to be given the new information.  The printer can be reconnected right from the operations panel, and I have included full instructions HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks very much. When I was able to contact Canon support on Monday am, they sid the same thing and walked me through it. Everything is fine now. Again, thanks

Announcements