cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting my Pixma MG 5750 to new wireless router?

CatL
Apprentice

It is not at all obvious when I look online how I connect my existing wireless printer, Pixma MG5750 to my new macbook (which has no cd drive). If anyone could help that would be marvellous! Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, CatL!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

I am having same problem with my PIXMA MG 2922. Finally after hours of trying and re-downloading software and hard wiring I final got it to find it. now it asks me for a administrator password. Thinking it was the new router Admin password I entered it. wrong. I don't have a clue what password it wants me to enter hence the wifi is worthless. if anyone knows what password it requires now with new Router please advise me soon. I print from cell phones, tablets, and laptops most of the time so I really need a fix. I'm using Windows 10 Home.

@92ranger wrote:
I am having same problem with my PIXMA MG 2922. Finally after hours of trying and re-downloading software and hard wiring I final got it to find it. now it asks me for a administrator password. Thinking it was the new router Admin password I entered it. wrong. I don't have a clue what password it wants me to enter hence the wifi is worthless. if anyone knows what password it requires now with new Router please advise me soon. I print from cell phones, tablets, and laptops most of the time so I really need a fix. I'm using Windows 10 Home.

Greetings,

You are not having the same problem.  Different printer, different operating system. Will need more clarity to assist you. 

The default admin password is "canon".  All lower case and no quotes.  Unless you have changed it.

You need to enter this when you attempt to make changes in the IJ networking tool.  The IJ networking tool is what the printer uses to be identified on a wired or wireless network.

I personally recommend and prefer using a static IP address.  I've posted many times in regards to why this is a good practice and how to do it.  While everyone has different printers, routers and OS, the premise is the same when connecting wired or wireless devices to your network that stay (like and printer) and do not "come and go" (like a phone) 

Here is an example.

Static IP, Why and Best Practice

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@CatL wrote:

It is not at all obvious when I look online how I connect my existing wireless printer, Pixma MG5750 to my new macbook (which has no cd drive). If anyone could help that would be marvellous! Thank you.

Greetongs,

You do not need a CDROM to install your printer.  If the printer is wireless, it can be connected to the same wireless network your computer is connected to via its setting menu.  No different than how you connect a computer, phone, etc to the network now. 

Any software needed to run or support the printer under MAC OS can be downloaded from the printers support page on Canon's website in whatever region of the world you live in.  No CDROM is required.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

emmajj
Apprentice

First of all Press the [Home] Button on the printer. Then Use the buttons to select [WLAN Setup] icon. The display on the printer should be as shown below - Press and hold the [WPS] button on your access point for approximately 5 seconds, then release. If You face more issue I recommend to visit https://www.routertechnicalsupportnumbers.com/cisco-router-support/  

Announcements