Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: another computer is using the printer. no other computer....help

Even though once again this is not your printer model this canoncommunity link might help explain what the "WS" printer is.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/What-is-the-difference-between-the-P...

New Contributor

That may be a temporary solution. I have been restarting Printer Spooler (found in services in control panel) when this happens. Someone previously mentioned this. I actually now keep this screen mininmized on my desktop. I have found this to be the best solution to this ongoing issue

LRH
New Contributor

We did use the USB cable, works ok on my husbands laptop, I still have to restart on mine and we keep getting the spare page. It’s a nuisance swapping the cable.  Story this is no help just empathy.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

The reset pooler solution post should be bubbled up as the top solution as it actually solves the problem better than even Canon's proposed solution.  Shame on Canon.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Restart printer spooler. Control panel tools services.