Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Wireless printing on PXIMA MX 492

Hello all,

Until recently the wireless printing on my PIXMA MX 492 was working just fine. I changed my router, and ever since I have not been able to print wirelessly. I can connect to the wireless network with the printer, as it is able to detect local routers. I am able to type the password on the printer, and the following prompt says that I am connected. However when I try to print/scan from my computer or phone, these devices say that no printer is detected.

When I first got the printer, I was simply able to have the printer search for the wireless router, connect to it, and I was ready to print/scan as described above. 

I have followed the instructions from this video, which does something I've never had to do previously to get the printer to print wirelessly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBgN1TRmCi8

but it still does not work.

My other wireless devices work just fine, but my printer is not able to print/scan wirelessly. Any help would be appreciated

Product Expert

Re: Wireless printing on PXIMA MX 492

Hi richard7893,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Re: Wireless printing on PXIMA MX 492

Same problem.  Been working for 3 days with Tech Support by email and still nothing works.

VERY UNHAPPY!  Marketed as working with Chromebook, but it does not.  After 18 emails where nothing helps, I think I am going to dump my Chromebook and give away this printer.

VERY difficult to call USA whe one is living in Mexico, after paying custom charges, etc. to have this printer not perform as advertised.

BEWARE!