01-24-2016 11:18 AM
I have set up the Pixma MG3620 but I cannot set up the wireless printing. The light is on and shows it connected to a network but I cannot find which one (I needed a small unit and this one doesn't have a screen). I followed the directions but holding down the wireless button to get the power button blinking does not work. I have held it down multiple times, each time for over 15 seconds. I am at a loss. Is there a way to find it? Should I buy a USB to USB cord and try to set it up connected? I don't want the wire.
Thanks for the help....
01-27-2016 07:16 AM
Do you have a smartphone or tablet? If so, try downloading the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app from the Google Play Store or iTunes and using that app to connect your PIXMA MG3620 to your wireless network. Once it is connected, try setting it up on your computer again.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
07-31-2017 12:19 AM
Patrick, I am having the same problem here. When following these steps, it ultimately leads to the same step: hold down the wi-fi button and the on button will flash. The on button will not flash! What should we do if the light does not flash? Everything up to this step was smooth sailing. Yes, my printer is on.
08-30-2017 01:58 AM
10-01-2017 07:50 PM - edited 10-01-2017 07:52 PM
I fixed it. I hope it works for you also:
- First, ensure not more than 1 wireless router is turned on to eliminate confusion.
- Ensure your computer or smartphone is on the same network that you want the printer to connect through.
- I logged onto my router settings (192.168.0.1) and I manually added the printer's MAC address.
- I then pressed the wifi button with the constant blue light on, until the ON button started flashing.
- Pressed the Color button once, then the wifi button once, then the wifi light started flashing.
- My smartphone Canon app found the printer right away and I completed the setup.