cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless not working on 2nd MX922 printer

williampeck1958
Enthusiast

I just purchased a replacement Canon MX922, one I had purchased 2 years ago got wacked out on printer quality. (I had purchased a 4-year warrantly plan, took it back to Best Buy, and they gave me a gift card for the original price, $158. So I bought the same printer for $99 . . . Smiley Very Happy)

I really like the printer, but with my previous MX922 printer, I never could get the wireless working, and gave up on the wireless part. I see that I am not alone in this regard.

I set up my new printer last weekend, and wireless worked great, I was very happy. My wife printed on the new printer via MACbook Air, and she was happy, gave me a big hug . . . never could get it working for her MAC with the old printer.

But - one week later, I am ready to return this to Best Buy and get an HP . . . same thing . . . "printer is offline" - and there is no *&^%$# way in the world to "bring it online". I'm telling you - NO WAY IN THE WORLD, there's not one setting ANYWHERE that says "bring online".

I did find this solution in the 2nd link above, pg. 2, but this still didn't work.

Canon solution.PNG

So, ok, I'll start over. I re-connected the printer to my WiFi network, fine. I remove the printer and fax, and then "Add Printer". When I do that, it only finds "Canon MX920 series FAX WS", but it installed ok. 

- Why is it only the FAX ??? And what the heck is "WS" ???

Canon printer WS.PNG

Now, when I print, there is an option in the drop-down for FAX WS, Printer WS, and MX920 Series Printer(where did THIS  come from ???)

Printer options.PNG

So I can print now . . . haven't checked my wife's printer, and we'll see in a day or two if the printer goes offline . . . 

also, why is the FAX WS the only device in Printers ? Why isn't the Printer there ? meaning I can't set the printer as default . . .

Thoughts ?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, williampeck1958!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your particular issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael,

thanks for the reply. My printer is working fine including the wireless (after I re-configured everything). My wife even re-connected without issue, and I got another big hug Smiley Happy

My only issue, which is minor, is why is there only 1 device in printers (FAX WS) ? Since I'm operational, I don't see a need to call, but thanks !

Announcements