cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless network doesn't recognize PIXMA 990

NanBR
Contributor

I am ready to rip my hair out. I have never been able to get my household wireless system to recognize the printer. It is located right under the router, and finds the router and verifies the password during set up. But none of the computers in the house can "find" it. I have reinstalled the program three times, and have spent hours each time I get up the strength to try fixing it again. It prints fine from the wired connection to the PC hard wired to the router. I have read every piece of troubleshooting in the manual. Can anyone help???

13 REPLIES 13

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi NanBR,

In order for us to troubleshoot the issue, we will need to know the version of Windows or Macintosh that the computers that are having trouble are using.  Also, to clarify, all of the computers that are wired to the router are working fine, the issue is only occuring on the wireless computers?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

They are all Windows, but XP, Windows 7, etc. The laptops all find the router (that's how I am emailing :-)! but none of the computers finds the wireless signal for the printer. The printer only recognizes the wired connection from the desktop PC running XP.

N

Hi NanBR,

I would like to see if the drivers on the computers are correctly configured to print wirelessly.   Please try the following to resolve the issue:

1.  Click Start.

2.  Click Control Panel.

3.  Click Hardware and Sound.

4.  Click Devices and Printers.

5.  Right click the MP990 Printer and click Printer Properties.

6.  Click the Ports tab.

7.  Make sure that the checkmark is on the port that starts with CNBJNP, then click OK and try to print.

If the CNBJNP port was already selected please try right clicking the MP990 printer and click See Whats Printing.  When the print queue opens, click Printer and remove the checkmark on Use Printer Offline by clicking on it, then try printing again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

On each of the laptops?

N

Catch 22 - if you recall, the laptops can't FIND the printer to do these operations on! If you mean the wired PC, please clarify.

N

NanBR,

I apologize, I had thought that the drivers were installed up to this point, but since that is not the case, please try the following:

1.  Press the Windows key on the keyboard and then press R.

2.  In the Open box of the Run window, type msconfig and and then click OK.

3.  In the General tab of the System Configuration Utility window, click on the Selective Startup radio button.

4.  Remove the check in the Load Startup Items box.

5.  Click the Services tab.

6.  At the bottom of the Services tab, click Hide all Microsoft Services box.  The window will refresh.

7.  Under Service column, uncheck each box that is left in this tab.

8.  Click Apply and then Close.

9.  Click Restart.

10.  Proceed to install your printer to see if the issue you described has been corrected.

11.  After installing your printer, repeat steps 1 and 2, click Normal Startup and then restart your computer.

Is this on each laptop? Or the wired PC?

First, I do want to thank you for the attention you are giving me in addressing this frustrating problem.

I did this on a Sony laptop running Windows 7 and it didn't help (to be honest, I have been using computers for over 30 years and don't know WHY your suggestion would have helped).

Let me repeat, in case I am not using terminology correctly: the symptom is that "no printers are found" when any computer in the house tries to add a printer on the wireless network. This is true even though: a) all computers find and use the network for other functions, b) the printer can see the router and has the correct information loaded into its setup and c) it is not a question of distance from the router, because the PC  immediately above it (running windows XP) also says "no printers are found". The printer does work with the hard-wired connection to the PC.

I used the hard connection when I couldn't initially get a wireless setup - must it be removed before we can effect a wireless connection?

I guess you are tired of helping. does anyone else out there have any ideas?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements