cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless connection for PIXMA MG3220

kiley105
Apprentice

I have tried to follow the various steps for setting up my wifi for the PIXMA MG3220 printer. I have at&t wireless internet. I have the printer right next to the 'access point' (literally), and it still cannot find the wireless network. I have a MAC OS X 10.6 laptop. Any suggestions?

21 REPLIES 21

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi Kiley105,

I've noticed sometimes our software can be blocked by other programs, but if the printer is already on the network, you may be able to simply add it via the Print and Fax window.  Try these steps and see if it helps:

1.  Click the Apple Menu.

2.  Click System Preferences.

3.  Click Print and Fax.

4.  Highlight the MG3220 on the left, then click the - in the bottom left corner to remove it.  Repeat this process as many times as necessary to remove the printer from the list.

5.  Once all MG3220 entries have been removed, click the + in the bottom left corner to open the Add Printer window.

6.  It may take up to a minute, but the MG3220 should appear with a string of numbers after it.  Highlight this entry and click Add, then try printing again

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem and you didn't address the question. It is not about connection from OS X, it's about the printer finding the access point. My router does not have a WPS button, there is a password required to connect to my network and there are many networks visible from my apartment. How do I enable the printer to connect to the network?

Hello.

If your router does not have a WPS button, please use the CD to perform the standard installation.  Insert the disk into your computer and follow the prompts to perform the wireless installation from the computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having a similar problem with Windows 7.  Using the WPS button failed (Error 2).  Using the CD installation is failing too.  When I get to the point of connecting the printer to my laptop with the USB cord I get two messages: that the installation wizard cannnot find the printer and that the driver failed to install properly.  Very frustrating.  How do I fix?

Hello.

Please make sure that the printer is powered on and has been connected directly to your computer via USB rather than through any USB hubs or extension devices.  This may prevent detection of the printer during the wireless setup.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

i have a cannon mg3220 printer but when i got it at a garage sale it didnt come with the cd to set up the wireless connection, is there somewhere i can download the instructions or buy the CD rom to do so??

Hello emily_bee! We have everything you need right at the  PIXMA MG3220 Support Page

And if you ned help you still have our friendly US based support team ready to answer ay questions you have! You can reach us at  1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
All times ET, excluding holidays. Hope this helps!

I installed a new router while the copier still worked, could not established connection between laptop and printer.

called 800-652-2666 and went through the menus and ended up with Kevin in technical support.  Kevin explained new router looks like another network to the printer so we need to tell the printer about the 'new' network.  Kevin looked up the router manual online, told me what buttons to push where, when and after that downloaded and installed canon driver and all worked well.  This comment is to suggest giving technical support to assist

Bababooey99
Apprentice

Here is my sorta headache. I am trying to use the printer while on the road. As I am in the legal field I often get emergencies that require me to get stuff faxed to me. So to be even more efficient and to avoid the costly fax fees I bought this printer. I am trying to get my Iphone and the printer to sync up. I am using airprint but the Iphone is showing that there is no Airprint printers in range. I set up the printer so it is all ready to go. I can't figure out where I am going wrong. What am I doing wrong?? I am computer stupid so I am sure it is something real easy I am overlooking. The only thing I am thinking is I have been trying to do a practice run in my house. My house has a few wireless networks in it. I tried to log onto each network from my cellphone and none of them shows the printer. Can you give me some advice on what I am doing wrong?? Thanks so much!!

Announcements