cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless connection for PIXMA MG3220

kiley105
Apprentice

I have tried to follow the various steps for setting up my wifi for the PIXMA MG3220 printer. I have at&t wireless internet. I have the printer right next to the 'access point' (literally), and it still cannot find the wireless network. I have a MAC OS X 10.6 laptop. Any suggestions?

21 REPLIES 21

jeanemess
Apprentice

I also am having problems. It is very frustrating.  I reinstalled using the CD and while connected thru USB to the printer.  I have Windows 8.  I loose the connection and the printer says it is offline, even when the printer is turned on.  I am sure it is something wrong with me or my settings somewhere. Please help! 

AskJamieTurner
Apprentice

I had the same problems listed above with an AT&T WiFi. The bottom line is that this printer set-up is inadequate and less than what I would expecct from Canon. The answers in the Forum didn't solve the problem and this is a printer that should be taken off the market.

P.S. I'm returning this to Staples tomorrow to get my money back. 1 and a half hours wasted on this already. Going back to Epson, which takes about 20 minutes to install.

I totally agree....

this printer sucks, and it is not user friendly at all!

I am a very experience, very experienced IT guru, and it took me over 2 hours to get this printer to work wirelessly. There is no software to help load this, I went to the site, and for Windows 7 64bit there is no software for this printer. Only because I reverse the setup where I went to the router itself to discover the device, was I able to get it to work.

If you are a novice, avoid this printer and go get an Epson.

Thanks for the update! I wanted to be sure it wasn't just me, but it looks like it's not. I'm headed back to Epson, which is my old printer. Bummer for Canon to lose customers of such an easily fixable issue.

Unfortunately, I could never figure out how to get the Wi-Fi to work on this printer. When an IT guru commented on this page that he had the same problem, I knew it wasn't user-error.

So, I took the printer back to Staples, which seems to have discontinued selling the product (at least in my store -- the manager said, "We don't sell that printer here anymore."). Since I didn't have my receipt, they checked their computer to see how much store credit I would receive for the printer.

The offered me 1¢.

Since that's about all this printer is worth, I was tempted to take them up on their offer. Instead, I'm going to give the printer away and bought an Epson XP-410 instead.

Total time to set-up the Espon -- 27 minutes from start to finish.

Lesson learned.

Same frustration  with my Pixma MG3220/3222.   [Mod note - comment removed per FORUM GUIDELINES]

Thanks,

Pete

I can't believe that this string of frustrated comments has been sitting on this site for 3 weeks and Canon personnel have not cared to respond or tried to help.  Is this site being monitored by Canon?  This is my first experience with a non-HP printer and I don't think Canon is even trying.

I too am completely frustrated by the MG 3200 printer setup.  Can't get Airport wireless to work and it was advertised as being particularly easy to set up for Apple devices.  Wow!  

I have a MacBook Air so no CD drive to load the info and no WPS button on my Apple router!  What am I supposed to do?  

Come on Canon.  At least try to live up to your name.

if you read the email thread, the best advice is to return the printer as soon as possible, and get a different brand. I did get mine to work, but took over 4 hours and only works occasionally. I now use it only as a wired device. Canon Support is lacking to be polite.

Thanks Jimmy.

Thoughtful of you to reply.

I completely agree,
I also consider miself to be a comouter guru.

i am in mind to throw this printer out. my wife said why don't you eby it, but i can't do that to anyone.

even if at one point i spend 2 hours to get it going. next time i turn it on and off, i need to spend another 2 hours.

Announcements