05-08-2018 04:00 PM
After updating to new Win 10 April's update I could not print wirelessly. I uninstalled drivers and network tool and downloaded win 10 drivers from Canon. During installation I can't detect my printer on the network although the printer is connected in the same network as the laptops. I can only print through usb. Any ideas?
05-11-2018 06:12 PM
Let's start by checking the printer's connection to the wireless network.
Make sure that the machine is turned on. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.
1. Press the MENU button.
2. Select Setup
3. Select Device settings, then press the OK button.
4. Use the button to select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
5. Use the button to select Confirm LAN settings, then press the OK button.
6. Use the button to select Print LAN details, then press the OK button to confirm the selection.
7. Use the button to select Yes, then press the OK button to start printing.
Much of the information will not be relevant, but the important things to look at are:
Is the connection active or inactive?
Does the SSID (network name) match the one the computer uses?
What is the signal strength?
What is the IPv4 IP address?
I look forward to your reply.
05-13-2018 10:56 AM