cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connection w/access point

effengee
Apprentice

Trying to connect PIXMA mg3500 to WiFi. It says to press access point. WHAT is the access point? Where do I find it? There's nothing on my modem/router to press.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@effengee wrote:

Trying to connect PIXMA mg3500 to WiFi. It says to press access point. WHAT is the access point? Where do I find it? There's nothing on my modem/router to press.

You should be connecting to your home wireless LAN.  Any existing devices on your WLAN may have initially connected in a similar way.  Wireless routers require that you enter a MAC address of a new device to grant it access.  

Most wireless routers have a shortcut means of connecting, which involves temporarily suspending security, and listening for a device to broadcast a specific code.  Pressing a button on the router is one way to initiate this temporary mode, which typically lasts less than a minute.  

You may not have a button to press if you are using a wireless router from your internet provider.  Consult the owner's manual of your wireless router.  Some routers are activated through software, which requires that you use a computer to access the router in an "admin" mode.  

Again, read your router's manual.  The Canon printer manual is using generic terms, and so am I.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

My internet provider didn't give me a router manual, nor do I have admin privileges.  Now what?

Announcements