cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get my MG3100 to print wirelessly?

hrcamacho
Apprentice

I have a Windows 7 laptop that up until today printed.  We had problems with our internet service, and I hadn't been on at all, let alone print anything.  Tonight, I tried to print, and it won't do a thing.  I've tried to uninstall, and reinstall. I continually get the "printer is not responding".  After installation this is the message I get 

===========================================
Setup Results

Model :
Canon MG3100 series

Network Setup of the Printer :
Completed
Name :
Canon MG3100 series Printer (Copy 2)
Port Name :
CNBJNP_2C9EFC0F69CB

Network Setup of the Scanner :
Completed
Name :
Canon MG3100 series(2C.9E.FC.0F.69.CB)

Network Type :
Infrastructure
SSID :
Camacho

For awhile, it said installation failed, but now it does not.  What is the problem.  3 hours later, I'm still dealing with this!  Very frustrated!

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello hrcamacho.

It may be possible that more than one copy of the printer was installed.   Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue.  Please perform the following:

1.  Click Start and open the Control Panel.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MG3100/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, insert the MG3100 Series disk into your computer and reinstall the unit again. 

If these troubleshooting steps do not work, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

im2hard2resist
Apprentice

I had the same problem last night and spent a good 3 hours trying to figure out this issue.

Apparently it happens because your printer is on Wifi and gets a new dynamic IP everytime your router reboots. However the printer settings that are saved on all the computers and other devices (Ipad, phones etc) are based on the original IP that the printer was assigned the first time.

So to fix ths, login to your wifi router admin page from - 198.168.0.1 (usually), and then assign a 'static address' or reserve an IP for your printer. In order to reserve you need to specify the MAC address of the printer and set this to a static address of say - 198.168.0.105. This way your printer/scanner shall always get the same IP evertime your router reboots and all devices should be able to connect to it.  If you have an android device(like a phone), try installing Canon EPP app, which shows the printer name, IP address and MAC adress and also the status - online/offline. I found this especially useful in troubleshooting the issue compared ot windows/IPAD based tools as they hide these details.

Albert_Danry
Contributor

@hrcamacho wrote:

I have a Windows 7 laptop that up until today printed.  We had problems with our internet service, and I hadn't been on at all, let alone print anything.  Tonight, I tried to print, and it won't do a thing.  I've tried to uninstall, and reinstall. I continually get the "printer is not responding".  After installation this is the message I get 

Setup Results

Model :
Canon MG3100 series

Network Setup of the Printer :
Completed
Name :
Canon MG3100 series Printer (Copy 2)
Port Name :
CNBJNP_2C9EFC0F69CB

Network Setup of the Scanner :
Completed
Name :
Canon MG3100 series(2C.9E.FC.0F.69.CB)

Network Type :
Infrastructure
SSID :
Camacho

For awhile, it said installation failed, but now it does not.  What is the problem.  3 hours later, I'm still dealing with this!  Very frustrated!

You must do nozzle (print head) calibration after replacing cartridge, otherwise won't print. Every time you put in new ink cartridge you need to perform this easy to do maintenance. Check printer instructions on how to do it.
Source(s):
[link removed per forum guidelines]

Announcements