cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is WPS button on PIMA5650

Spikey
Apprentice

How to wireless link PIXMA 5650 to laptop.  Cannot find WPS button.  Can tyou help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

WPS button is associated with router, not printer.

See here: http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/where-is-the-wps-button/m-p/131539#M1585

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

WPS button is associated with router, not printer.

See here: http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/where-is-the-wps-button/m-p/131539#M1585

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

There is no WPS "button" on my router. I did find additional instructions, but you need to be a techie to install this thing. And I am pretty good, but this is confusing. Most routers don't have a button, mine doesn't. There are instructions in the thread from one person that are very helpful, but I can't find the contributor now. Basically press the stop button and a new menu comes up. Find the "LAN set up on the printer and follow the prompts. Find your network, then use your network password(passphrase)  to get connected. 

Hi 1sandib,

To connect your PIXMA MG5650 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:

1. Press the HOME button on your PIXMA MG5650.

2. Press the downl arrow key once.

3. Press the button under WLAN.

4. Select Wireless LAN setup and press <OK>.

5. Press the STOP button on your PIXMA MG5650 to select "To Other setup options".

6. Select Standard setup and press <OK>.

7. Select your wireless network and press <OK>.

8. Enter your wireless network password and press <OK>.

9. Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements