cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until I updated to OS X El Capitan my laptop would print on the network

lizdemerest
Apprentice

Since I updated my laptop to the latest OS X El Capitan software my laptop will not recognize my Canon MX430 printer.

Can someone help?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lizdemerest,

The unit that you own is part of the PIXMA MX430 series of multifunction printers.  You own either the PIXMA MX432 or PIXMA MX439.

To set up your MX430 series printer for wireless use, please follow the steps below.  The steps state PIXMA MX432, but they are the same for the PIXMA MX439:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MX432 in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click the Get Drivers & Downloads button.

3.  Under Recommended Downloads, please click on the Select button next to the MX430 series CUPS Printer Driver.

4.  If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

5.  Click the Download button.

6.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

7.  Once the download is complete, click on the Select button next to the MX430 series Scanner Driver.

8.  If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

9.  Click the Download button.

10.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

11.  Once the download is complete, click on the 'Software' link.

12.  Please click on the Select button next to the Canon IJ Network Tool.

13.  If you agree, please place a checkmark next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

14.  Click the Download button.

15.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

16.  Once the download is complete, close all windows.

To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <Setup> button on your PIXMA MX432.

2.  Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press <OK>.

3.  Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press <OK>.

4.  Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press <OK>.

5.  Enter your wireles password key and press <OK>.  Please verify the password, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate.  To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.

6.  Press <OK> on the confirmation screen.  The PIXMA MX432 will search for the access point.

7.  When found, press <OK> on the Connected to the access point screen.

8.  Back on your computer, please double click [mcpd-mac-mx430-11_7_1_0-ea17_2.dmg] to install the CUPS printer driver.

9.  Double click [msd_-mac-mx430-18_1_0b-ea11.dmg] to install the scanner driver.

10.  Double click [mnt_-mac-4_6_1-ea21_3.dmg].  Files will extract, follow the prompts to complete installation.

11.  Restart the computer.

You may view the installation process by following this link:

http://downloads.canon.com/html/wireless/modules/14slw-ww/14slw-ww-0010-000/14slw-ww-0010-000.html

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements