cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Canon MX452 to connect wirelessly to MS Surface 3 with Windows 10 Home Edition

Bearvtp
Apprentice

I purchased a MS Surface 3 running Windows 10 Home edition.  I am unable to get my Canon MX452 to connect wirelessly to the MS Surface 3. The printer works fine with the MS Surface 3 when connected via a USB cable, but not wirelessly.   This is not a Cisco router problem, the printer works fine via my home network and connects wirelessly with two other Lenovo T410 laptops running Windows 10 Professional.

I have downloaded what I believe to be the latest printer driver from Canon:  driver type: Type 3 – user mode, version: 2.65.2.10.  I’ve run the MS diagnostic tool which was no help.  It “suggested” try to configure the printer as a fax.

(1) Am I using the correct driver, (2) what should I do?    

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Make sure that the printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi router as the tablet.  Perform the following to connect the unit:

1.  Press the Setup button on the printer.

2.  Use the arrow keys to select Device Settings and press OK.

3.  Select LAN Settings and press OK.

4.  Choose Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.

5.  If a WPS prompt appears, press the STOP button.

6.  Select Standard Setup and press OK.

7.  Select your Access Point and press OK.  When entering the passphrase, use the Tone or Star (*) key to change character modes.

Once this has been done, visit the following link to download and install the latest MP Drivers:

MX452 Drivers & Downloads

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Your response to my original query DOES NOT respolve the problem; it assumes the printer is not installed on my home network.  This is not the case. Please reread my original post.     

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements