cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Connect Wirelessly

lucidpage
Apprentice

Hello, I have a Canon PIXMA MX860 printer to which I was previously connected wirelessly.

Then I got a new modem/router from my ISP and I am unable to connect wirelessly. The PC doesn't even recognize the printer is there, unless I plug it in via USB, and then I can print and scan with no problems.

I have run the installation software from the disk several times, but nothing works. It just says there is no printer there to connect to.

I am running Windows 10 on a desktop PC (Acer). Any and all help will be MUCH appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For information regarding the compatibility with your new system, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this problem as well and the solution doesn't last very long.  Windows 10 on a wireless laptop here.  I had the printer working fine after a complete uninstall/reinstall, but now has decided it doesn't want to participate.  I discovered this when I tried to scan a document and found that the sanner driver wasn't loaded.  There were 4 executables I downloaded from the Canon website:

• smwin143en.exe
  • md64-win-mx860-1_03-ea24.exe
  • ldtl-win-mx860-2_5_7-en.exe
  • CanonAPChkTool_win210en.exe (I really don't think I need this at all)

I ran these on Dec 30 and had printing.  Now on Jan 8 no printing and no scanning.  No hardware was added, no software changed or added.

I have the 860 hard wired to the LAN with my laptop wireless to the LAN.  My860 wireless Channel is set to 6, but I'm not sure that's correct, or how it got there, though that link status is Inactive so I doubt if that's an issue.  Wired is enabled but inactive.

The Network Tool says that "There are ports that cannot be used with their current settings."  The laptop shows the printer driver, status doesn't show in Win 10.  When I tried to update the drivers, Windows said that the most current drivers for both printing and scanning are already loaded.

Questions:

What am I doing wrong?

When will you finally have Windows 10 drivers and tools?

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

larkpics
Apprentice

I have my Canon PIXMA G3200 connected directly (wired) to my desktop. I want to connect it wirelessly to my laptop by way of my router. I'm also going to connect it to my Android. How do I do this?

Greetings,

Instead of hi-jacking some one else's thread, please start your own thread and give your issue the visibility it deserves. 

It should include at the very least, the model of your printer and the operating system you are using (windows, Mac, etc).  Posting to someone thread, makes it difficult for others looking for similar soluttions to follow.  Diffent model printers, different operating systems, hardware and different environments for sure.  Solution can vary depending on many things.   

Knowing the model of your router and any troubleshooting steps you have tried prior to asking for assistance would also be helpful.

Start here

If you need more assistance, start your own thread providing the information I suggested above.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements