cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To use my PIXMA MP990 wirelessly, do I need an adapter for my laptop (no bluetooth module)?

brit
Apprentice

My laptop has a modem, but no bluetooth module.  I have wireless internet in my home.

If I can make it work without an additional purchase, great.  If I need a bluetooth adapter, for example, what class does it need to support?

3 REPLIES 3

jfo
Rising Star

Does your laptop connect to the internet via the wireless internet in your home?  If so, you should be able to get wireless set-up without bluetooth.

Have you looked through the resources/guides available here? http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp990#Wi...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your response!
Yes, laptop connects to internet in home (LAN).
I read the guide, after my last post.
I followed the guide--connected printer to access point.
When I try to print, it reads "printer offline".
Any ideas?

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello brit.

Please make sure that the WiFi light is on before printing again.  If the Offline error remains, try turning the printer off and back on, and then restart your computer. 

If the error remains, we recommend that you contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements