cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The printer could not be detected on the network message during Canon PIXMA MX922 installation

mimiaz58
Apprentice

Could not complete driver installation during brand new set-up because of this message. Went through wirless connection set-up several times and connectivity was always present. Logged into my D-Link 626L router and could see the printer connected but the ip address referenced was 0.0.0.0. Tried to assign a static ip address through set-up on the printer and also use the cmd prompt in windows, all to no avail.

Called Canon Support and these 2 setting changes solved the problem:

1) Disable the Wirelss LAN DRX setting

2) Disable the IPv6 Setting

This article explains how to adjust the settings on the printer. 

The name of the article is: Check the IPv6 and Wireless LAN DRX settings
I hope this helps someone else as I spent many hours trying to get this working. Now all is well after changing the above. Thank you Canon Support!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mimiaz58,

Thank you for sharing!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

This describes my problem to a T.

Pixma MX922. using win 10 /64. ver 1607.

I have applied every suggested "fix" on this chain of posts. Nuthin!

I have two other computers communicating perfectly with this printer.

Why Why Why ????  please advise.

finelinebob
Apprentice

First of all, same problem, same solution worked ... but the link in the OP is inactive. Here is where I found the information:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART116513

I'm using Win10 x64. One day my printer worked (and had been working since I bought it), the next day my computer couldn't find it. Reinstalled drivers, still nothing. Did this, it works again.

I'm suspecting that somehow it's a Win10 problem. I've had to reset my install of Win10 three (count'em, 3!!) times since I've installed it, and this may be just another bug-as-usual for MS. After all these years in the business, you'd think they could fix one thing without breaking something else....

Don't believe it is a "windows" issue, just bad driver installation that has yet to be corrected. 

Well, for me, I had the drivers already installed when I "upgraded" to Win 10 and they worked fine. Until the first time I had to reset Win 10. Then I reinstalled, worked fine, had to reset. Then I reinstalled and, again, my printer was working fine for quite some time. The drivers were installed, they were working fine, then several Win 10 updates later they stopped working. The installation was not the problem.

Not saying that installation might not be a problem for others but for me? It makes no causal sense whatsoever.

skulasek
Apprentice

Thank you so very much. After a couple of hours of strugle this solution fixed it.

Cannon, please fix this issue.

thanks.

golda
Apprentice

You found the solution but You don't tell how to disable ipv6 or lan drx settings.  I have windows 10.

I guess you didn't see the posted link in the solution that takes you through making the changes on the printer.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART116513

thanks

sparkler-cats
Apprentice

Trying to set up wireless connection on laptop. My Prima MG7750  printer does not recognise  on my Windows 10, 64.

I followed instructions and disables IPv6 but still no joy.....4 hours in, any suggestions?

I have a canon mg3520 I have been trying to get it to connect to wireless for over a week it just will not work no matter what I do    PLEASE HELP

No idea why this is marked as solved becuase it certainly is not solved. Have been meaning to post the solution for awhile but hate signing up for even more accounts to do so. 

With a Canon MG6620 the printer can never be detected when using "mp68-win-mg6200-1_02-ejs.exe" version driver. This used to be the driver listed here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

but it has since been replaced with the driver that always worked which is version "mp68-win-mg6600-1_01-ejs.exe"

Bottom line use an old version of the driver or look here: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support and find the driver for your model and try again. Since Canon removed the not working 1.02 driver version for the MG6620 it is likely they also removed the driver that was causing problems for other models.

Now the issue is solved. It's so dumb how issues on forums like this get marked as solved when they are so far from solved.

Announcements