cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6120 Cant find scanner

tafkaltlg
Apprentice

Mac OSX 10.11.6 El Cap

Pixma TS6120 Prints wirelessly fine, unit sees my macbook, on same network, 99% signal strength...

From printer screen- scan to computer- choose my mac,  starts scan- Canon IJ Utility Lite opens, "An error occurred while communicating with the scanner."

Try to scan from within IJ Utility lite- same message

Thru Mac system prefs, printer/scanners, choose TS6120, go from 'print' tab to 'scan' tab- open scanner, waiting for scanner, "error occurred -9923" (see image below)

Called tech support, tech had me uninstall printer, reboot router, reboot mac, reboot printer, reconnect... nothing

Had me just try to 'add printer' thru system prefs, wouldnt work- told me its a mac problem, cant help, call them.  Left me with NO printer and no scanner

I hung up, reinstalled the printer using exact instructions that came with the printer-

Im back to where I started.  Wireless print works fine, NO SCAN

anybody???

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 10.44.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 10.37.38 PM.png 

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

already contacted tech support at Canon...

after uninstalling my printer, he ws not even able to get it to re-install with his method. Told me it was a mac problem.

I hung up and re-installed according to instructions that came with the printer just fine.

Now back to wirless printing fine, NO wireles scan

tafkaltlg
Apprentice

SOLVED!!!

Dual band router…  5 ghz/ 2.4 ghz

set wifi on the macbook pro to 5 ghz, changed name and set the printer to the 2.4 ghz band… voila!  Scanning wirelessly, no problem.

I knew it!!!

michaelhoppin
Apprentice

I am having a similar issue.

When I set up my TS6120 with the direct connect wi-fi, the mac sets it up as a airprint printer and scanner. When I set it up using my home wi-fi, I have to manually locate it using the IP address, and then the system sets it up as an airprint printer only, it does not setup the scanner.

Are there specific network settings to look for?

I moved the printer right next to the wireless router for the best connection possible.

Announcements