Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Slow printing from Dell Ultrabook on Pixma MG7520

I have two computers that print on my Pixma MG7520. My old laptop is a Dell Vostro running Windows 7. A half page of text (16.9k, no graphics) prints in about 15 seconds. However, my new computer is a Dell Ultrabook running Windows 10, and the same half page of text takes 2 minutes, 34 seconds to print.

When I print from the Ultrabook, I always get the message "Printer not responding. Port in Use. Please wait." However, the print queue displays that the document is printing. And it does print -- eventually.

I followed the suggestion from another post and checked the signal strength. It's 62%. That is below the 80% you recommend, but I can live with 15 seconds to print, just not 2 minutes. I'm an editor and always on deadline.

Suggestions?

New Contributor

Re: Slow printing from Dell Ultrabook on Pixma MG7520

Problem solved -- mysteriously. Must have been network signal strength issue, though problem had persisted for weeks. Funny how talking about a problem can resolve it.