cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up wireless on MX430 printer

Zoomzoom300hp
Apprentice

how do you toggle from numbers to letters .  I want to put in my password   in and cannot get  to letters MX430 printer

there is no mention and holding down number  doesnt change it ????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

warminaz
Apprentice

I had the same problem!  I finally had to call Canon - person on other end was VERY helpful and friendly, so don't be afraid to call them if you need to - I couldn't figure it out without calling them - but, I don't remember exactly how to do it now without having that "keyboard" up on the printer, but it involves using the "arrows", etc., - just play around with it - you'll get it. Once you figure it out...it's easy, of course!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

warminaz
Apprentice

I had the same problem!  I finally had to call Canon - person on other end was VERY helpful and friendly, so don't be afraid to call them if you need to - I couldn't figure it out without calling them - but, I don't remember exactly how to do it now without having that "keyboard" up on the printer, but it involves using the "arrows", etc., - just play around with it - you'll get it. Once you figure it out...it's easy, of course!

Thanks you would think somewhere in print on The so called WiFi brochure it would explain this

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Zoomzoom300hp.

When you are entering the encryption key using the 'Standard Setup' method, please use the Tone or star (*) button on the unit.  This will allow you to switch between uppercase, lowercase and number entry.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements