cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning on Pixma MX922, problem #2

timevans7057540
Apprentice

My bigger scanning problem is I cannot get my computer to show up in the computer list.  We have everying over wifi, and I don't know how to scan to my wife's computer or the cloud.  

My wife did everything to register her computer, logging in to the point that she can view the printer and its current status.  But when I am on the printer in the scan mode and select "save/forward", in both the "Scan to Email" and PC options all I get is Local (USB).  How do I get the computer and scan to email to appear?

We have chromebooks, if that helps understand our issue.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

KDef
Enthusiast
This feature wont work with a chromebook. It expects to see a PC woth the proper printer driver installed on the other end. Maybe scanning to google drive would be a better option if it's supported on that model.

BillS
Mentor

Hi timevans7057540,

KDef is quite correct about scanning to a Chromebook, in that a Chromebook does not have any imaging software, and does not have any supporting driver.  The MX922 does not have a "Scan to Cloud" function like some new printers.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

bbrody
Apprentice

I have the same problem.  I'm running Windows 10.

Hi, bbrody!

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Canon Community!

If you've installed the most up-to-date software for your PIXMA MX922 from our site (found HERE), and you're still having issues with your printer, we suggest reaching out to our friendly US-based team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). They're available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET). 

Announcements