Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Printer won't scan

Canon does not accept messages from me because I am not in the US.

Hi mhguda! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

New Contributor

Even though I am geographically in north America, the Canon website relegates me to Other countries in Latin America. I cannot find a similar support forum as the one here.   Which underlines my point: Canon will sell us the products (and take our money) but refuse to answer reasonable support questions.

New Contributor

Scanner an Canon will not list scanned items to be saved.

Hi camozell! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer model you own and what opertaing system (Windows 7, 8, 10) or Mac OS X (10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Canon MX922 printer that prints just fine but, I get an error message whenever I try to scan anything. Can't seem to connect. Windows 10 just updated, could that have something to do with it?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Printer prints OK to computer but will not scan to computer.

Schmeer wrote:

My printer prints just fine.  It will not scan for some reason now.  I have Win10 if that makes any diff.  I was able to scan from the program before but never from the printer itself.  Now,  can't do that either.      It says printer may not be connected.

Hello Ganolet!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer and operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

New Contributor

I have a MX472 that will not scan. I bought it this year and it has never worked. When I go to scan the message reads, "Please wait a while." I use Windows 10. 

Thank you.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi ubsman,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.