cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX472 won't scan

Freudlaven
Apprentice

Hi there,
I have a Canon MX472 and am running Windows 10. I set up my printer on WIFI and it's worked fine before, but now when I try and scan, it's saying "PC not Connected". But I can print from the computer just fine. Any help on getting this matter fixed would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,

Sean

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello.

Try scanning directly from the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.  Make sure that the 'network' version of the printer is selected at the top of the program.

If you are able to scan from the program, restart your computer.  Then turn the printer off and back on to see if you will be able to scan from the operator panel.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

camozell
Apprentice

Scanner an Canon will not list scanned items to be saved.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

voxumbra
Apprentice

Is your printer on the same network as your computer? If it worked before and not now, sounds like there's an error connecting to wifi possibly.

Hi Vox, I'm Chris and I have the canon pixma MX 472 exactly All in one plus fax.  I've had it 3 or 4 years now, I was having trouble 4 days ago with the printer not being able to read my PC or network.  It wouldn't work.  Yesterday I was online, andwas trying to do the WPS wireless lan etc, and it was working on the computer, I was following a guy talking on a post about how to get printer and PC connected, but my printer isn't recognizing any printer icons on the computer in settings, one of the reason that is because I deleted this printer from Canon cause I thought that might help, andI was going to put i back on and the icon for the printer is gone completely.  I don't know what to do, I'm an online student and have a paper that' is due tomorrow, but I'm doing it today.  Can someone please call me [phone number removed per forum guidelines] or you can email, but I'd prefer you call if you can, I need help fast please, Thanks and God Bless You

Crystal Geng

Hi Crystal,

I know that this message is a little old, but I was wondering if you were still experiencing difficulties with your PIXMA MX472.

If so, please let me know and I'll assist you with resolving them.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Freudlaven
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply, but it's actually connected to the computer. I can print from the computer no problem, but when I scan the printer says I'm not connected to pm. Very odd. But yes, like I mentioned, it did work earlier.

Hello.

Try scanning directly from the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.  Make sure that the 'network' version of the printer is selected at the top of the program.

If you are able to scan from the program, restart your computer.  Then turn the printer off and back on to see if you will be able to scan from the operator panel.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Schmeer
Apprentice

My printer prints just fine.  It will not scan for some reason now.  I have Win10 if that makes any diff.  I was able to scan from the program before but never from the printer itself.  Now,  can't do that either.      It says printer may not be connected.

I have a MX470 three in one printer that's connected to our Ethernet network.

Up to a few days ago, I could scan fine from the second computer, with the connection only via the network.

I can still print fine, but no longer scan. The scanner is not seen by my computer (I never saw it on the Devices and Printers but in the scanning software it was available, and it worked). Now all of a sudden, nothing I've tried, from uninstalling and reinstalling, reboot, etc has brought the scanning back. From the other computer it works fine.

Both computers run Windows 10. the one with the printer on USB has 32-bits, the other one - that's causing the problem - is on 64 bit.

I am not aware of any changes to my system that may have caused a problem: no new software, no new devices.

Please help. The main reason for getting this printer with networking capabilities was so we could scan from both computers. And now it is not working.

My MX470 is on our Ethernet network via the other computer on the network, on a USB port. I was always able to use the scanner from my own computer, by just turning on the network and the printer. Now, for no reason that I can see, I can no longer scan images from my computer, although I can print normally. From the computer that has the printer connected via USB, there is no problem with either function. But I want the ability to scan over the network, the way it used to be. I've tried removing the printer and reinstalling it, to no avail. I am running Windows 10 64bit, so there is no driver provided by Canon, but Windows itself installs a driver. Can anyone help?

Hi mhguda,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Announcements