Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Printer says it is not connected with my mac

My printer is so unpredictable, and it shouldn't be. It says it is offline sometimes and it wont print no matter how many times i turn it off and turn it back on, restart my computer, etc. I print through wifi because i have a cannon MG5495 series and it is so frustrating needing to print something out one day for a class and it not work, but just magically it will start working the next day or day after. Any ideas as to why this might be happening or what I can do to fix this? I did not pay this much money for printer for it to only work sometimes. please please please help me!

Product Expert

Re: Printer says it is not connected with my mac

Hi cpc5,

So we can better assist you, please reply with the following information:

1.  What version of Mac OS is on your Mac?  You can find this information by going to your APPLE MENU and selecting ABOUT THIS MAC.

2.  How far away is your printer from your wirelessly access point or router?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have just installed my new Canon TS6050

It was simple. Everything went as planned.

Only now, my Mac is being told the pjrinter is not connected. It shows me the printer, it is set as defauilt, but still won't print.

Mac OS 10.9.5

HELP!

Product Expert

Hello.

Try restarting your Mac to see whether or not this will allow the unit to communicate with your computer.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

If the asaasdfaasdf

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.