cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer cannot be detected

dimatkach
Apprentice

I am trying to set up a new MX472. I have tried all the different connection methods from the installation manual: 

WSP with PIN, manually connected to the router, configured via USB ... The printer says it is connected, blue light is on, my router shows that it is connected ... but the driver still says "printer cannot be detected on the network", network tool isn't showing the printer, unless I connect it with USB. 

I tried everything suggested in the (fairly useless) "troubleshooting guid": unplugged the cables, restarted everything, updated router's firmware ... 

I have Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8, and Mac OS 10.8.5, and all three have the same problem. 

Any ideas? Should I just take it back to the store and buy HP? 

3 REPLIES 3

dimatkach
Apprentice

Just spent an hour on the phone with support. Uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted the router, changed dynamic ip to static, and back to dynamic, restarted the printer rebooted the computer, downloaded a new version of the drivers ...

Still nothing 😞

They suggest that I contant the router manufacturer, becuase there just can't be anything wrong with the printer, and the fact that 15 other devices on this network are talking to each other through that same router cannot change that 

Ramona
Authority

Hi dimatkach,

We can try disabling the IPv6 and DRX settings on the printer to see if this will allow it to be detected on the network.  To do this, please follow the steps located here.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dimatkach
Apprentice
Yeah, tried that too while on the phone with support. No luck 😞
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements