cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mp990 "printer not responding".

Frustrated5
Apprentice

‎ So out of a clear blue sky my network connected Canon Pixma MP990 printer "isn't responding". I have tried ALL of the fixes I could find, to no avail. Recycled router and printer, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, updated drivers, stopped and started print spooler, and several more suggested fixes. It will print from my smartphone, but not from my laptop. It will scan and copy, BUT NOT PRINT, no matter what I try. Router reports it's connected and working; computer (Win 7) reports it online and working; Computer reports signal strength and link quality 100%. I don't know what else to try. Any ideas Folks?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Check to make sure that your computer is on the same Wi-Fi network as the printer.  It may be possible that the computer is on a different network.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, MP990 is on the same network, I checked that along with dozens of other suggested fixes. The printer just wouldn't print no mattter what I tried, but would scan and copy from my PC with Network IJ tool. At the end of 2 days or trying to get tthe thing to work, I just gave up. This has happened on several occasions for apparently no reason. After a couple of days of fruitlessly trying fixes, it would just, one morning, start working again. Gremlins?

Just to let eveyone know ... I turned the computer on the next morning and TADA! printer was online and working fine. Who the hell knows! After days of changing settings and back again, trying all of the suggestions from forums and such, turning off and on the pc, turning off and on my router, cable modem and printer, (none of it worked), and pulling my hair out and swearing, one morning it took pity on my frustration and just decided to work. I'm blaming it on Gremlins! Thanks all for your advice and input. I'm a happy printing fiend!

Announcements