cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP7250 and macOS Sierra 10.12 - work, or not?

BrucieNB
Apprentice

I bought a new iP7250 yesterday to replace my previous Canon printer that keeled over and died. The reason I bought it is primarily to print on DVD, as I have another Canon printer for normal printing.

I had major problems getting the new one running on 3 Macs using USB connection, but eventually printed 6 DVDs; brilliant results.

This morning, all the printer will print is blank sheets/DVDs, though I changed nothing overnight.

Installing from the CD that came with the printer gives me a warning that Sierra isn't supported and there may be problems, so I downloaded the Sierra driver from the Canon website. Today that driver doesn't work.

I used Easy-Photoprint EX successfully yesterday but while it goes through the process today - just firing blanks.

I'm a huge Canon fan (cameras etc) but I really can't figure why it worked, and now it doesn't. Canon Support doesn't have a clue.

Is there anyone here who can suggest anything?

I'm guessing it is a driver issue, though when it worked yesterday it was on a MacBook using a Beta of MacOS 10.12.15. It won't work on 10.12.14 or the Beta today.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The iP7250 is not a model that is sold here in the United States.  If you are outside of the United States, visit www.canon.com to reach the website for the Canon contact center in your region for assistance with your product.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements