cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX920 won't connect after upgrading router

Sunshine55
Apprentice

I am running Windows 10, and I never had a problem printing wirelessly in the over 1 year I have owned this printer.  I upgraded my router last week, and now that it's the 1st of the month (and 1st of the year) I have many things to print - and I can't get the printer to be recognized.  I don't have the original CD (it's been a while!) and I downloaded the latest drivers.

I have turned off and turned on the printer and router many times, input my (way too long) router password - but nothing...I get to the point where it says "access point" found one or twice...then nothing.  Still can't print.  ARRRGH!  Ready to toss it out the window.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi Sunshine55,

Since you have changed your wireless router, please try reconnecting the printer to your network using the Standard Setup method shown here.

Once the printer is reconnected to your network, please try reinstalling the drivers on your computer.  Prior to reinstalling the drivers, if you have any antivirus, firewall or anti-spyware programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them, as sometimes these programs can block the detection and successful installation of the printer.  Once the printer is reinstalled successfully, you can re-enable the protection software.

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements