cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX432 wireless scanning function doesn't work

bfuchs
Apprentice

I just purchased a Pixma MX432 multifunction printer. I set it up for wireless connection. The printer portion works fine. When I run the MP Navigator 5.1 to run the scanner, I get an error message: Canon MP Navigator EX has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have used a Pixma MX 410 since July 2011, and it worked fine wirelessly for both the printer and scanner until about two weeks ago, when the wireless scanner quit working and I got the same message as above. I tried reinstalling the software with no success.

When the Pixma MX 410 ADF feeder quit working on a manual scanning function, I used my replacement guaranty and bought the Pixma MX 432. I still have the same problem.

My software is Windows 7.

16 REPLIES 16

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello bfuchs.

Please try uninstalling the MP Navigator from your computer.  Then return to our website to download and reinstall the MP Navigator.  Please visit the following link to download the program:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_prin...

If the error still remains, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem--wireless scanning doesn't work -- the MX432 says the PC is not conneected, but I can print wirelessly but not scan. I bought the 432 yesterday and had a lot of trounble until I downloaded the MP drivers a ahile ago.

Everythins now works except the scanning?

Hi FL22140!

I have seen this ocur if you have your printer connected to your router using a USB cable.  What this does is allow network printing, but not network scanning.  The printer must be connected through a wireless network for both printing/scanning to work correctly. 

If you do have this connected correctly, then a firewall may be blocking communication.  I would suggest trying to disable any firewalls and seeing if scanning works. 

Also, in order to provide specific instructions on steps to try, I will need to know the operating system installed on your computer.  Please include this with your reply.

Hi Devin,

I'm running Windows 8 (64-bit) on a Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop. Also running Avast as the firewall. The printer is connected wirelessly (to my Verizon FIOS Router) and works fine, so I'll disable Avast and try it again. Out of town for a week, but will let you know how it goes when I try it next week!

Assistance needed, we purchased an PIXMA MX432 today, initially printing via LAN through an AT&T modem from two windows 7 64 bit OS laptops and one Apple Lion OS laptop.  Went to dinner, came back can no longer print, message states that printer is not responding or is offline.  Printer status: ON icon: green light. WIFI icon: blue light, unplugged waited three minutes and plugged back in.  Same status, no print. 

I have the same exact problem. Very disappointed with Canon, once again.

I had the same problem as well, but I clicked the link provided, typed in my printer series (MX410), deleted old software, installed new software, and now scanning is working wirelessly again!

Thank goodness! It was driving me nuts!!!

cstrtoby10
Apprentice

Hello,

I too am having problems.  I am able to print wirelessly from the computer, but am unable to scan documents wirelessly.  Everytime I begin to scan, the user face on the printer tells me "Scan Local (USB)"  well I do not wish to scan by USB. 

I've already tried updating the drivers with the links listed by the Admins on this thread and that did not help, so I am left with not knowing how to proceed.  I also tried scanning by turning off all of my Firewalls and that did not help either. 

Please let me know what else can be done to be able to Scan Wirelessly.

Thank you.

Hi cstrtoby10,

Try the following steps listed HERE and let us know what happens.

If you need more immediate assistance, please contact our support group: http://bit.ly/ContactCanon

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements