cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5420 stopped printing over wifi but will print via USB

garybeltz
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MG5420 it's about 4-5 years old.  it used to print just fine on wifi enabled devices but lately it will only print on the windows desktop connected to the printer via USB.  I have an iPhone 7, an iPad pro 9.7", an iMac, and a windows laptop.  The two iDevices and the iMac see the printer but when I send the job the print cue on the Mac just shows the jobs sitting there and the iPhone and iPad say sending to the printer and it just sits there even if I let it go for several minutes on all of them.  The laptop is brand new not even a year old and it won't even see the printer when I try to add in windows 10 devices.  I tried going to the Canon drivers download site the latest version of the drivers are 2015 and we are almost through 2017.  The software itself says it's unable to install the printer via wifi.  

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi garybeltz,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements