cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5320 Web Interface/Web Server

kenj68
Apprentice

I am using Linux and can print to the 5320 just fine. However, since the disk based drivers don't support Linux I was hoping the Pixma series would support scanning and so on from the web interface like the HP printers do.

In my home router I selected a static IP address so it doesn't periodically change on me. I can use the web browser to open the assigned web address and I see a Canon Network Configuration page. On the bottom-right hand side of the web page is an "Advanced" button. Selecting "Advanced" brings up a "Top Page" with Printer Information and Status areas. In addition to "Top Page" there are other selections from a left-hand side menu "Network Settings, Other Settings and Admin Password."

Question: Am I missing something? Is there another hidden web page somewhere? There are some features that can be configured but there is no scanner interface as the HP printers have. This is important since I have no software to control the scanner. This limitation would seem to preclude using Canon printers for my Linux PC. 

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The scanner can only be used with the driver on compatible Windows or Mac OSX computers.  Please install the printer on a compatible computer in order to use the full functionality of the device.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements