cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG2500 connected to a pc - wireless network router - iMac - ? sharing?

Sasha2000
Apprentice

How do i get the iMac to recognize the MG2500? All the right sharing boxes have been checked.

Running OS 10.6.8.

Had a MG2200 and everything was fine....

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi Sasha2000,

You will need to install the drivers for the printer on the iMac to have it connect with the printer on your wireless network. The latest drivers for the printer can be downloaded from the Canon USA website.  Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MG2520 (uses the PIXMA MG2500 series drivers).  Once on the download page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click on the FULL DRIVER AND SOFTWARE PACKAGE file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once the file is downloaded, please double-click on it to install it on your computer. This will install all drivers and software for the printer on your Mac.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have already installed drivers, softwares for MG2500 from the CD I received with the purchase.

I want to connect the printer with the wifi, do I need to uninstall existing drivers/software for pixma MG2500 and install drives/softwares for PIXMA MG2520?

also I ahve another problem,

after filling the existing black cartridge, I still see the black ink warning led turned on, and when I print it is not printing the 'black' color. any suggestion to reset the printer counter flag for black ink?

Announcements