cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 went offline and seems impossible to fix

williampeck1958
Enthusiast

May 1 - it works now, and I have no idea why. Every day, my PC auto re-boots at 2am. I suppose I should have re-booted yesterday, maybe I would have spent less time fiddling with this. But I wanted to send a real letter to my son stationed in Germany, and the printer had been working fine. If you'd like to glance at the issue below and provide some insight, that would be great !

=================================

Hi, my MX922 has "gone offline" and I have no idea how to wake it up. I purchased this in Jan this year, set it up wireless, everything going well. I don't print very often so I've turned it off now and then, but it would connect no problem upon restart.

I see this issue occurs frequently. I had the same issue on a previous MX922 that was never resolved, so I set that earlier printer as a local printer with direct wired connection. But then my wife couldn't print from her Mac.

This new one worked great on wireless, but now the connection is kaput.

Both my PC and the printer can recognize the other, but something is amiss Man Sad

My main question is - what exactly does it mean "printer is offline" ? I mean, I get that it's "not ONLINE", but WTF ? How the heck do I wake it up ? Where the heck is the "online" button ?????? This pisses me off.

Here it is offline (grayed out). Where's the button that says "go online" ????

MX922 offline.PNG

So I re-connected the printer via setup, connecting normally, entering my Wi-Fi password, and it says "Connected". But it won't print, the printer remains offline. For the life of me, I can't figure out what this even means, "offline", since the darn thing just connected !

MX922 offline 3.PNG

Then I tried WPS set up, which I had done when I originally got the thing. It says WPS device detected, but then it never detects it, says "Timeout error".

MX922 offline 2.PNG

THEN, I tried to detect the printer from Windows, it is found, but CAN'T CONNECT !!!

Add Printer MX922.PNG

When I try to print a test page, I get this:

Add Printer MX922, v2.PNG

NOTE: When I installed the printer, it showed up as "Canon MX920 Series FAX WS", not sure why it's FAX and not Printer. But when I print, I'm able to select the Printer and that worked. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HI williampeck1958,

Routers have a feature that will disconnect devices that have not been in use for a period of time. If you do not use your printer, the router will stop sending wireless signals to it and will become disconnected from the network. Please refer to your routers manual to adjust this time out period or disable it.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

The FIX is to go into:

Setup - Device Settings - LAN settings - other settings - TCP/IP settings - IPv6 - DISABLE

- Truong Vu

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

This is the longest lasting thread I've every seen ... thank you. I finally closed it.

VuTruong
Contributor
Try the fix I posted. Configure it on the printer menu.
Announcements