Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: PIXMA MX922 went offline and seems impossible to fix

I am on windows 8.1.  Have Canon MX922.  it used to work great all the time. then a while ago did not with my old router, which had to be replaced. I replaced old router with NETGEAR R7000 and it did not work well with that - so bought a printer cord and just went from Printer itself to my computer directly.  STILL same issues.  All kinds of errors and it's luck of the draw to get it to work at all. I have to shut down computer, shut down printer - send something to printer and if it says offline or error - I go to lower left of computer Rt Click on start button, select printers with left click, and toggle printer (which by the way like someone else said has to be the Canon MX920 series printer WS, and sometimes it works sometimes no.) Driving me nuts - I don't care if it's hooked up to router - I'll print directly from this computer I'm typing to you on. But what can be done to stabilize this thing and get on with life? I print alot here - we do photography and sometime I print in color just to get ideas before sending it to the real printers we use for our customers.   Will someone tell me ideas to try? And...... if possible keep it simple I am not the computer maven some of you are - I can however follow directions and with a screenshot or sample to see can do most things....  thanks! Pinina in Phoenix

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: PIXMA MX922 went offline and seems impossible to fix

Try the fix I posted. Configure it on the printer menu.