cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New wireless router; now PIXMA iX6820 won't work

WPMaine
Apprentice

I downloaded the driver again, but didn't get a prompt to set it up for the network again. Any ideas?

I have a Mac, OS 10.9.5

Also downloaded the network tool; just shows up empty, no printer listed.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

ix6820 - See the following link 

Getting Your Printer Back On Your Network After A Router Or Network Change

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your reply! I did use that link, but it sent me in circles. Tells me to insert my CD-ROM, which I don't have. Tells me I can reset without a CD-ROM by using the "iP7220 series Mini Master Setup." But that doesn't seem to exist. When I use the link associated with it, I land on a product description page that offers no downloads. And, as I mentioned, neither the driver nor the network tool was of any help. 

Has anyone in this forum ever reset a PIXMA wireless printer without the CD-ROM? If so, I would love to know how!

BTW: I thought I already posted this one, but it didn't show up. First time in this forum, though, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Please excuse if this is a duplicate.

All software can be dowloded and run from your MAC.  No CD required.

ix6820 Downloads

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

For anyone else havnig this problem, here is the link Canon provided via email support (don't try calling them on a weekend!):

Visit www.canon.com/ijsetup to download and run the setup software.  If you experience any errors during this process, document them exactly as they appear so we can assist you further.

I've now tried to set it up again three times, choosing slightly different menu options each time, and still can't get it to recognize the network for the new router. I'm waiting to hear back again from support.

If I ever get this resolved, I'll come back and post the solution!

WPMaine,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements