Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

New computer can't find printer

[ Edited ]

Hello,

My printer is connected to my personal wifi and my old computer and phone can find and print on it. However, my new computer cannot; whenever I try to set it up, it cannot find it on the wireless connection. My computer doesn't have an ethernet port so I cannot try a wired connection. Since it cannot find the printer, the setup wizard proceed far enough to download the necessary drivers and software.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Re: New computer can't find printer

Hi, JackieJames!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

New Contributor

Re: New computer can't find printer

My printer is a Canon MX490.

My old computer can always connect wirelessly to my printer but sometimes my phone can't find it. I set my old computer up using the cd-rom that came with the MX490, but my new computer doesn't have a disc drive. I tried downloading the drivers and software from the canon website but it won't complete the installation if it can't connect to the printer.